In the midst of these unprecedented times, we greatly appreciate the patience and continued interest of everyone who calls Firebird home. In recent weeks we have worked diligently through all of the appropriate channels to take the first official steps towards opening for the 2020 racing season.
In compliance with the guidelines of Central District Health, the CDC and several governmental entities, Firebird, your outdoor recreational racing facility, has received a green light to offer two “Limited” Pre-Season Test Days on Sat. and Sun., May 16-17.
Pursuant to Firebird’s plan to resume racing, we have outlined the parameters all racers and crew will be required to follow:
A limited number of racer spots will be available at each of these first two event days. Pre-registration will be available starting Thursday, May 7, 2020, on a first-come, first-serve basis on thefoat.com.
Saturday Racer Entry: Sold Out
Sunday Racer Entry: Sold Out
- Once the limit has been reached, no additional entries will be available. At this time, no spectator tickets will be available for these two days. All registration will be on-line and no entries will be sold at the gates or over the phone. Gold Cards not applicable.
- Racers and their crew will be required to park according to social distancing guidelines, which means a 6-foot minimum space will be required between all parking spaces.
- The Firebird team, which includes our staff and officials, will be wearing face coverings (and gloves where necessary). Additionally, the Firebird team will make regular use of hand sanitizer, conveniently located throughout the facility.
- Participants and crew members are encouraged to utilize face coverings when away from their pit area transport/trailer.
- Tech inspection will be available for the race car driver and up to one crew member per entry. Racers and crew will be required to wear face coverings during Tech inspection.
- The Race Control Tower will be limited to essential track staff only.
- All of Firebird’s restrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers, soap, and hand pumice cleaner. Restrooms will be sanitized before, during and at the conclusion of the race day. Free-standing hand sanitizer dispensers are positioned in many key locations for convenient access by staff, racers and crew.
- Firebird’s Food & Beverage stand will follow all guidelines in place for food service businesses. A limited menu of packaged food items, along with beverages will be available. Condiments will be provided in packets, rather than self-service stations. We recommend that food and beverage orders be taken back to pit area for consumption. The lower patio area picnic tables have been moved to storage until further notice.
- The Sport Shop will be open and anyone entering the Sports Shop will be required to follow social distancing guidelines, and our staff will be sanitizing surfaces.
- Staging lanes will be split to offer appropriate distancing for both the left and right lanes from Pit Control to the starting line.
- Social distancing protocols of a minimum of 6 feet will be strictly enforced in the staging lanes and on the starting line. Congregating along the staging lane fence or on the starting line will not be permissible. Our track staff and Firebird Safety Team will closely monitor these areas in order to prevent unauthorized gatherings.
- The Pavilion and Chalet in the upper pit area will be closed until further notice.
We will be requesting racers and crew depart the facility as soon as practicable following the conclusion of the event day.
Firebird staff and management take each and every policy outlined above very seriously, and will respectfully enforce such policies for the safety and health of all of our guests and crew. We have worked tirelessly to create a comprehensive plan in coordination with a diverse and large team to make these race events possible. We are also very excited to open for the first event just shy of seven months since our last event. We will require each racer and crew member to observe these policies in order that we can continue to host racing events.