Saturday night, June 27, the 33rd Annual Qualafab Street Machine Shootout returns to Firebird. The Boise Muffler Gold Cup chase kicks back into high gear, along with a number of no-holds barred, heads up classes. Hands down, this is the heads up race of the season!
Time trial session order:
- Sportsman eliminator
- 13.00 Index – Street Machine “Q”
- 12.50 Index – Street Machine “Q”
- 12.00 Index – Street Machine “Q”
- 11.50 Index – Street Machine “Q”
- 10.50 Index – Street Machine “Q”
- Pro eliminator
- Super Pro eliminator
- Sled/Bike “Q”
- Unlimited Street “Q”
- Junior Dragster “Q”
All Street Machine qualifiers will receive free Shootout t-shirts (in the staging lanes before eliminations). Firebird Seasonal Award plaques will be presented to each of the event champions. And each individual eliminator champions will be awarded a Firebird embroidered windbreaker.
Better yet, it’s two back-to-back opportunities to compete. Street Machine/Gold Cup Saturday followed by the Northwest Mopar/Gold Cup on Sunday.
TO ALL STREET MACHINE RACERS: Sunday will offer an OPEN COMP (pro-light class) for any and all Street Machine competitors…two opportunities in two day equates to TWICE THE FUN, right?!
Super Pro (7.00-11.99)
Sportsman (12.00 and slower)
Sled/Bike (13.99 or quicker)
Junior Dragster (5 – 17 year olds)
Unlimited Street (run what cha’ brung (open to any door car/truck)
10.50 Street Quick 8
11.50 Street Quick 8
12.00 Street Quick 8
12.50 Street Quick 8
13.00 Street Quick 8
Super Pro Full Event (Sat/Sun): $165
Pro Full Event (Sat/Sun): $110
Sled/Bike Full Event (Sat/Sun): $90
Junior Dragster Full Event (Sat/Sun): $60
Street Machine (choice of Unlimited, 10.50, 11.50, 12.00, 12.50, 13.00 or Trophy): $40
Annual permanent number/license card: $8
Adult Full Event credential (Sat/Sun): $24
Ages 6-12 Full Event credential (Sat/Sun): $6
Saturday only Adult credential: $12
Saturday only Ages 6-12 credential: $3
Ages 5 & Under: Free
Early Racer Gates Open: 9 am*
Time Trials start at: 12:30 pm
Racing: 6:00 pm
Concludes: 10:30 pm
*Please Note – Raceway will open for early racer parking starting Saturday morning no later than 9 am (or earlier should trailer line up reach Hwy 16)
AS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND AN EVENT AT FIREBIRD, PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES
Similar to our early season events, participants and attendees will be asked to comply with the following protocols:
- Racers and their crew will be required to park according to social distancing guidelines, which means a 6-foot minimum space will be required between all parking spaces.
- The Firebird team, which includes our staff and officials, will be encouraged to wear face coverings (and gloves where necessary). Additionally, the Firebird team will make regular use of hand sanitizer, conveniently located throughout the facility.
- Participants and crew members are encouraged to utilize face coverings when away from their pit area transport/trailer.
- Tech inspection will be available for the race car driver and up to one crew member per entry. Racers and crew person will be encouraged to wear face coverings during Tech inspection.
- We encourage filling out our ONLINE TECH CARD at your computer and printing to bring to the track.
- The Race Control Tower will be limited to essential track staff only.
- All of Firebird’s restrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers, soap, and hand pumice cleaner. Restrooms will be sanitized before, during and at the conclusion of the race day. Free-standing hand sanitizer dispensers are positioned in many key locations for convenient access by staff, racers and crew.
- Firebird’s Food & Beverage stand will follow all guidelines in place for food service businesses. A limited menu of packaged food items, along with beverages will be available. Condiments will be provided in packets, rather than self-service stations. We recommend that food and beverage orders be taken back to pit area for consumption. The patio picnic tables have been moved to storage until further notice.
- The Sport Shop will be open and anyone entering the Sport Shop will be required to follow social distancing guidelines, and our staff will be sanitizing surfaces.
- Social distancing protocols of a minimum of 6 feet will be strictly enforced in the staging lanes and on the starting line. Congregating in groups along the staging lane fence, on the starting line or in the pita area will not be permissible. Our track staff and Firebird Safety Team will closely monitor these areas in order to prevent unauthorized gatherings.
- Capture your grudge tech card and admission online today. Additionally, racers need to secure your 2020 Permanent Race Number (if you do not currently maintain a NHRA number).
As we have mentioned in previously (and just as a reminder), the Firebird staff and management encourage everyone to be familiar with each and every policy outlined above. We will respectfully enforce such policies for the safety, health and well being of all of our guests, crew and track staff.
In the event of inclement weather, updates will be available on this site and on our Facebook page.
For more event information, email: [email protected]