Sunday, June 28, the 32nd Annual Northwest Mopar Championships returns to Firebird. Gold Cup racing will also be offered in the Boise Muffler chase.
Time trial session order:
- Sportsman eliminator
- A-B-E Shootout
- Pro Mopar
- Muscle Mopar
- Junior Street “Q”
- Pro eliminator
- Super Pro eliminator
- Sled/Bike “Q”
- Nostalgia eliminator
- Junior Dragster “Q”
- Open Comp “Q”
A special “race within a race” known as the NHRA King of the Track runoff will offer a Wally trophy to the overall winner. The runoff will be comprised of the champions of Super Pro, Pro, Sled/Bike and Sportsman (all earning King of the Track embroidered hats). The overall winner will also collect a pair of NHRA national event credentials (to the event of you choosing).
Additionally, muscle Mopars of all shapes and sizes will compete in several racing categories. In addition, the event will host a show `n shine for all Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler, AMC and other Pentastar cars and trucks.
For those who live to race off the Pro .4-tenths tree, we will offer an Open Comp eliminator (qualified and handicapped) on Sunday, too.
Sunday is the second day of a double header weekend of drag racing (and show `n shine, too). One day earlier, the Qualafab Street Machine Shootout/Gold Cup races will take place.
|Super Pro (7.00-11.99)|
|Sportsman (12.00 and slower)|
|Sled/Bike (14.99 or quicker)|
|Junior Dragster (5 – 17 year olds)|
|Nostalgia Eliminator (13.99 or quicker, 1979 or older)|
|Open Comp (Pro-light, handicapped)|
|A-B-E Body Shootout|
|Pro Mopar (12.99 or quicker, no box)|
|Muscle Mopar – (13.00 and slower)|
|Trophy class (10.00-slower)|
|Super Pro Full Event (Sat/Sun): $165|
|Pro Full Event (Sat/Sun): $110|
|Sled/Bike Full Event (Sat/Sun): $90|
|Jr. Dragster Full Event (Sat/Sun): $60|
|Mopar, Nostalgia and Open Comp classes: $35|
|Annual permanent number/license card: $8|
|Adults-Sunday Only: $12|
|Ages 6-12-Sunday Only: $3|
|Ages 5 & Under: Free|
|Opens: 8 am|
|Time Trial start: 9:15 am|
|Racing: 1 pm|
|Concludes: 6 pm|
AS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND AN EVENT AT FIREBIRD, PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES
Similar to our early season events, participants and attendees will be asked to comply with the following protocols:
- Racers and their crew will be required to park according to social distancing guidelines, which means a 6-foot minimum space will be required between all parking spaces.
- The Firebird team, which includes our staff and officials, will be encouraged to wear face coverings (and gloves where necessary). Additionally, the Firebird team will make regular use of hand sanitizer, conveniently located throughout the facility.
- Participants and crew members are encouraged to utilize face coverings when away from their pit area transport/trailer.
- Tech inspection will be available for the race car driver and up to one crew member per entry. Racers and crew person will be encouraged to wear face coverings during Tech inspection.
- We encourage filling out our ONLINE TECH CARD at your computer and printing to bring to the track.
- The Race Control Tower will be limited to essential track staff only.
- All of Firebird’s restrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers, soap, and hand pumice cleaner. Restrooms will be sanitized before, during and at the conclusion of the race day. Free-standing hand sanitizer dispensers are positioned in many key locations for convenient access by staff, racers and crew.
- Firebird’s Food & Beverage stand will follow all guidelines in place for food service businesses. A limited menu of packaged food items, along with beverages will be available. Condiments will be provided in packets, rather than self-service stations. We recommend that food and beverage orders be taken back to pit area for consumption. The patio picnic tables have been moved to storage until further notice.
- The Sport Shop will be open and anyone entering the Sport Shop will be required to follow social distancing guidelines, and our staff will be sanitizing surfaces.
- Social distancing protocols of a minimum of 6 feet will be strictly enforced in the staging lanes and on the starting line. Congregating in groups along the staging lane fence, on the starting line or in the pita area will not be permissible. Our track staff and Firebird Safety Team will closely monitor these areas in order to prevent unauthorized gatherings.
- Capture your grudge tech card and admission online today. Additionally, racers need to secure your 2020 Permanent Race Number (if you do not currently maintain a NHRA number).
As we have mentioned in previously (and just as a reminder), the Firebird staff and management encourage everyone to be familiar with each and every policy outlined above. We will respectfully enforce such policies for the safety, health and well being of all of our guests, crew and track staff.
In the event of inclement weather, updates will be available on this site and on our Facebook page.
For more event information, email: [email protected]