The first-ever FRIDAY NIGHT Peterson Chevrolet Midnight Grudge Drags takes place on July 3. Street Legal action will be offered from 8 pm until midnight to help encourage racing on the strip, not the streets. Open to street legal cars and trucks (mufflers required).
All tickets and entries are available ONLINE. We are making available 175 tech cards for this event.
- Grudge race entry: $25
- Adult admission: $10
- 6-12 admission: $3 (5 & under free)
- 2020 Permanent Race Number: $8
The Midnight Grudge Drags will be staged “under the lights”. Head-to-head grudge battles will be contested throughout the evening. If you ever wanted to race your friend, maybe someone from work, even your next door neighbor, this event is for you. It’s easy to compete.
Basic safety items includes good tires, good brakes and seat belts (for majority of cars 14.00 or slower). For cars quicker than 13.99, you’ll need a helmet that is identified as a Snell 2010 or 2015 (M Series or SA Series). To determine this, a holographic sticker identifies Snell rating inside the helmet padding. Firebird does offer new helmets for sale in the souvenir Sport Shop.
BASIC SAFETY RULES TO GRUDGE RACE: click on this .pdf link to learn more about what it takes to run your car or truck down the quarter-mile (if you haven’t done it previously).
AS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND AN EVENT AT FIREBIRD, PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES
Similar to our early season events, participants and attendees will be asked to comply with the following protocols:
- Racers and their crew will be required to park according to social distancing guidelines, which means a 6-foot minimum space will be required between all parking spaces.
- The Firebird team, which includes our staff and officials, will be encouraged to wear face coverings (and gloves where necessary). Additionally, the Firebird team will make regular use of hand sanitizer, conveniently located throughout the facility.
- Participants and crew members are encouraged to utilize face coverings when away from their pit area transport/trailer.
- Tech inspection will be available for the race car driver and up to one crew member per entry. Racers and crew person will be encouraged to wear face coverings during Tech inspection.
- We encourage filling out our ONLINE TECH CARD at your computer and printing to bring to the track.
- The Race Control Tower will be limited to essential track staff only.
- All of Firebird’s restrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers, soap, and hand pumice cleaner. Restrooms will be sanitized before, during and at the conclusion of the race day. Free-standing hand sanitizer dispensers are positioned in many key locations for convenient access by staff, racers and crew.
- Firebird’s Food & Beverage stand will follow all guidelines in place for food service businesses. A limited menu of packaged food items, along with beverages will be available. Condiments will be provided in packets, rather than self-service stations. We recommend that food and beverage orders be taken back to pit area for consumption. The patio picnic tables have been moved to storage until further notice.
- The Sport Shop will be open and anyone entering the Sport Shop will be required to follow social distancing guidelines, and our staff will be sanitizing surfaces.
- Social distancing protocols of a minimum of 6 feet will be strictly enforced in the staging lanes and on the starting line. Congregating in groups along the staging lane fence, on the starting line or in the pita area will not be permissible. Our track staff and Firebird Safety Team will closely monitor these areas in order to prevent unauthorized gatherings.
- Capture your grudge tech card and admission online today. Additionally, racers need to secure your 2020 Permanent Race Number (if you do not currently maintain a NHRA number).
As we have mentioned in previously (and just as a reminder), the Firebird staff and management encourage everyone to be familiar with each and every policy outlined above. We will respectfully enforce such policies for the safety, health and well being of all of our guests, crew and track staff.