The NAPA Auto Parts Ignitor-Lucas Oil Drag Race Series has been re-set for the weekend of August 14-16.
Presented by Peterson Chevrolet and our friends at Stinker Stores, the event will be a key stop in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Race Series.
The Ignitor will be the third point’s race of the season in the Northwest Division. The event will showcase racing in Comp, Super Stock, Stock, Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, Super Comp, Super Gas, Super Street, Sportsman Motorcycle, Super Pro, Pro and Heavy.
The previously scheduled Heritage Series Funny Car point’s event (Nitro Opener in May) will be rescheduled to 2021. One week earlier (8/7-9/2020), the Nightfire Nationals will run the AA/Funny Car class.
Additionally, a High Stakes Gambler races will be offered for Box and No Box, along with a multitude of special bonus races for the Division 6 Shootout/Combo Series.
The Ignitor will feature excitement of racing in the Division 6 Lucas Oil Drag Race Series and the Boise Muffler Gold Cup point’s chase. Click on the FOAT logo below to secure your pre-entry for the 2020 event:
LODRS RUN SCHEDULE
Schedule of Events
Thursday, Aug. 13
Early Bird Sportsman Pit Parking and Credential Processing 2-6 pm*
*Gates may open earlier pending line-up on entrance road
Friday, Aug. 14
Gates Open: 8 am
Testing: 1 pm – 6 pm
Box/No Box Gambler races: 4:30 pm
Gates Close: 8:30 pm
Saturday, Aug. 15
Gates Open: 7:30 am
Qualifying and Time Trials: 8 am
Box/No Box Gambler races: 4 pm
Concludes: 7:30 pm
Sunday, Aug. 16
Gates Open: 7:30 am
Eliminations: 8 am
Eliminations continues throughout the day
Conclusion: 3 pm
AS YOU MAKE YOUR PLANS TO ATTEND AN EVENT AT FIREBIRD, PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES
Participants and attendees will be asked to comply with the following protocols:
- Racers and their crew will be required to park according to social distancing guidelines, which means a 6-foot minimum space will be required between all parking spaces.
- The Firebird team, which includes our staff and officials, will be encouraged to wear face coverings (and gloves where necessary). Additionally, the Firebird team will make regular use of hand sanitizer, conveniently located throughout the facility.
- Participants and crew members are encouraged to utilize face coverings when away from their pit area transport/trailer.
- This event will require all racers to fill out the online tech card and waiver & release. After you register online thru the Foat, you will receive an email. An attachment with links will guide you to the online form to complete the registration process for this year’s Ignitor-LODRS.
- The Race Control Tower will be limited to essential track staff only.
- All of Firebird’s restrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers, soap, and hand pumice cleaner. Restrooms will be sanitized before, during and at the conclusion of the race day. Free-standing hand sanitizer dispensers are positioned in many key locations for convenient access by staff, racers and crew.
- Firebird’s Food & Beverage stand will follow all guidelines in place for food service businesses. A limited menu of packaged food items, along with beverages will be available. Condiments will be provided in packets, rather than self-service stations. We recommend that food and beverage orders be taken back to pit area for consumption. The lower patio area picnic tables have been moved to storage until further notice.
- The Sport Shop will be open and anyone entering the Sport Shop will be required to follow social distancing guidelines, and our staff will be sanitizing surfaces.
- Social distancing protocols of a minimum of 6 feet will be strictly enforced in the staging lanes and on the starting line. Congregating in groups along the staging lane fence, on the starting line or in the pita area will not be permissible. Our track staff and Firebird Safety Team will closely monitor these areas in order to prevent unauthorized gatherings.
As we have mentioned in previously (and just as a reminder), the Firebird staff and management encourage everyone to be familiar with each and every policy outlined above. We will respectfully enforce such policies for the safety, health and well being of all of our guests, crew and track staff.
Defending IGNITOR Lucas Oil Drag Race Series
and Boise Muffler Gold Cup champions:
Ryan Warter (Comp)
Rod Stults (Super Stock)
Scott Burton (Stock)
Parker Theobald (Super Comp)
Mike Coltrin (Super Gas)
Brian Phillips Jr. (Super Street)
Duston Wurtz (Top Dragster)
Marty Castagno (Top Sportsman)
Kahea Woods (Sportsman Motorcycle)
Butch Warner (Super Pro)
Seth McLean (Pro)
Glen Phillips (Heavy)