The incredible NAPA Auto Parts Halloween Classic XXVIII is set for five days and nights: October 6-10, 2021.
No other event all season long matches the sheer volume and quantity of racing that takes place during the last major racing stop of the season. Full of all kinds of surprises, the Halloween Classic has become one of Firebird’s grandest happenings.
We can’t wait for the return of trick or treating to kid’s games, along with all the other fun and activities planned for Classic XXVIII.
The Club Challenge Runoffs will take place Wednesday evening. The wild Air Firebird Wheelstanding super show returns center-stage on Saturday night. The event will also crown a Classic Grand Champion, which will pit the major eliminator winners at day’s end Sunday.
The Lucas Oil Top Gun Shootout returns, too. The fastest open wheelers will square off with the quickest full bodied rides.
In total, over 500 Classic racers will vie for a cash and merchandise purse topping $40,000 at our season closing boo bash.
Defending Classic champions include:
- Classic Grand Champion/Super Pro
Stanley Ortel Jr.
- Lucas Oil Top Gun Shootout Champion/Full Bodied
- Lucas Oil Top Gun Shootout/Open Wheel
- Super Roller
Chris Hall/Jason Thomas
- No Box Hi Roller
Courtney Alley/Pierson Deming
- No Box/Gambler
Ashton Davis/Mike Ritz
- Sled/Bike Gambler
Mike Cragun/Jacob Wood
- Air Firebird Wheelstanding Champions
Jackie Alley/Gary Bullington
- Club Grand Champion
- Junior Dragster-Saturday
Gracie Erickson/Camryn Stocker/Summer Field/Tanner Gaetz/Austin Breitkreuz
- Junior Lightning
- Junior Thunder
- Last Chance
Special Award Plaques
- Best Decorated Pit Area: Linda Panunzio, Glembocki family, DePeel family
- Best Decorated Race Car: Ashton Davis, Shane Ryan, Makenna White & Paul Wallace
- Staff Costume Contest winners: Jason Humphries, Weston Nichols, Tammy & Sarah, Bryan Smith, Misty Kramer
- Bader Family Founder’s Award: Asbury, Hodson, Riley & other Yakima/Tri-Cities race teams
Additional information will be released regarding tickets and racer registration will be available starting in late-August (so please check back).